Welcome to the Shadocon 2012 Talent Contest page! Here you can find all the information needed for entering the contest, guidelines, awards, and more!
At Shadocon’s Talent Contest, we like to showcase the best of the best talents we can find, and then give out prizes for the audience and judge’s favorites! If you can juggle, ride a unicycle, dance, sing, fly, put on a funny skit, or do anything else that’s spectacular and unique, then this is the place for you! Just simply fill out your submission sheet, send in a video of your talent, and get set to be a star of the stage!
• Best in Show
• Best Individual
• Best Group
• Most Unique
• Fan Favorite
• Judge’s Award(s)
Submission & Show Guidelines:
1. All entries must fill out and email in the submission form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for entering the contest is November 9TH, 2012!
2. All entries must submit a video of their talent or a script (if doing a skit) when sending in the submission form. This is required to be considered for a spot in the show!
3. All talent acts must be PG-13 in rating, as this is a family show! Please take note: Skits can disqualify you if you change it to something inappropriate after being cleared. Just remember, if you have to ask if it’s appropriate, chances are it is not.
4. Any music used will need to be sent in and approved beforehand (this includes singing, dancing, and skit acts.)
5. The Talent Contest has a maximum of 15-25 participants, who will be chosen from the submissions received. An email will be sent to those who are chosen to perform in the show at Shadocon 2012. It is unfortunate that we cannot accommodate everyone who enters with a spot in the show, as much as we would like to, but we sincerely appreciate all submissions and wish everyone the best of luck!
6. If chosen, you MUST perform the talent you submitted to us. NO substitutions will be accepted.
7. You may perform individually, or you can perform as a group, but groups can have no more than 10 members.
8. You may use props or objects in your performance, but you must notify our contest staff about them in your submission so they can be approved, as well as notifying us of them on the day of show.
9. All skit, dance act, or talent performances have a time limit of no more than 3 minutes. Those singing have the length of their one song, but all songs picked must be within the 3-4 minute length range.
10. If you do not show up to the Main Ballroom at the allotted time and we cannot find you or you do not show up after 15 minutes, we will remove you from the show. Make sure you’re there on time or early!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible! We cannot wait to see your submissions~!