HAPPY NEW YEARS!! It is officially 2016, so let’s start this year off right with a huge ShadoCon update!
ShadoCon will be taking place on November 18th-20th, 2016. The ShadoCon staff are all a part of this community as well, so we wanted to pick a day that didn’t overlap with any events.
We did our research and there is (currently) nothing happening on those dates.
I feel this is also the weekend that really begins all the holiday festivities. Since we will be closer to Thanksgiving this year, I want to be the first to say that I am thankful for each and everyone one of you!
Thank you for making Shadocon what it is today and getting us to our 7th year!
No way we could have done this without you! <3
ShadoCon this year will be at the wonderful Hilton Bayfront in Downtown St. Petersburg.
Address: 333 1st St S, St Petersburg, FL 33701
This place looks amazing and there are a lot of benefits to our move.
- The ShadoCon location will be directly connected to the hotel rooms once again!
- Since we are in the heart of downtown there is ample street parking and parking garages.
- Also, thanks to our location, there are a variety of food options that are walking distance from the con. (Including a Publix!)
- We are now bringing back the Special Events room. This means even more events for you!
- For our older crowd, we will be opening cash bars throughout the convention at night. Please drink responsibly.
- Everything is consolidated to one building. Much less confusion.
- The hallways are huge, giving us even more space for our Artist Block!
- There is a Starbucks right in the center of the convention. Late night panels are a GO!
- The entire hotel has been recently renovated – we will have that fresh modern feel once again.
- More panel rooms! That means even more content!
- Finally, a full restaurant including food stations all around the convention.
There are so many more benefits to moving to this hotel, but I feel I had to stop there. If you are in the area you should definitely stop in to see what we are talking about.
Below are some more gorgeous pictures of the space.
The new year has come and registration is now live!
We have a present for you all. As many other conventions may be raising their prices due to inflation and the economy.
We have decided against it. The next time we raise our prices we’ll be moving into a convention center or something.
If you order early you will save even more. A Weekend Pass purchased right now is only $35.00
If you are ordering passes for your group you savings are astronomical. (Why do I sound like an infomercial?)
We discount $5.00 on EACH ticket purchased for a group of 10 or more.
We are in turn lowering the number of VIP passes to only 100 attendees to make it more exclusive. Those who poses a VIP pass will have virtually NO WAIT TIME and the best seating for each event. Including guest panels and guest signings. VIP passes are only $75.00. Here are all the amenities;
- Gain entrance to the Con Suite. (Free drinks and snacks for the entire weekend.)
- Get an official ShadoCon 2016 T-Shirt
- Receive early admittance into the Dealers Room. (Visit the dealers room before anyone else.)
- Get premium Seating at all our Special Events.
- Fast Pass lines for Events and Guest signings. *Exclusive admittance to the new ShadoCon Secret Show!*
As most of you know, we had to say good-bye for now to the magnificent Final Fantasy Ball. We will be dedicating a page to the FFB (Final Fantasy Ball) that will display videos and a synopsis of everything that has happened thus far. Be sure to stick around for that.
Now we have not one, but three new shows to keep you entertained all weekend long.
One will be, let’s say, a soirée or a ball-like function, the other will be an action comedy safe for all ages, and the last will be a no holds brawl for the adults.
Stay tuned as we release more information on each show in due time.
NEW VIDEO SERIES
Beginning January 15th, 2016 we will be hosting a new ShadoCon Update video series on the ShadoCon Youtube page .
The new series will have a brand spanking new episode every Friday thereafter.
We want to know more about you, so we will share more about us.
Throughout the video series you will get to meet the ShadoCon staff – everyone that works behind the scenes to make the convention what it really is.
We will also have some silly videos posted and schedule out community events for all of us to meet up throughout the year! Let’s put the community back into the con world!